TRIPS & EVENTS
Langtang Trek, Nepal in 2018
DATE: Apr 04, 2018 Wednesday
END DATE: Apr 22, 2018 Sunday
Trip/Event Location: Kathmandu
Glen Mills, PA United States
Meeting Time: 8:00 AM
Max # People: 4
Trip Guiding / Event Fee: No, I will not be asking participants for money
Moderate to Strenuous
(Do you qualify to attend with this trip difficulty rating? Click Here.)
JOIN OUR NEW MEETUP GROUP to increase our exposure and have more guys sign up for our trips: click here to join our MeetUp Group. This trip may be posted at our MeetUp so you can sign up either there or here.
Sign Up To This Trip/Event
You must be a least a guest member to participate. Comments such as "+1" or "bringing a friend" are NOT permitted. All participants must sign-up for the event individually.
Select your mode of transportation, make any comments and then click on button.
You are not logged in.
Please, Log In
Trip Leaders can click here to edit or delete this activity.
In April 2018 I am going on a trekking trip to Nepal the Langtang Trek. I was in Nepal in 2015, but my trip was cut short. On April 23, 2015, we left the Everest Base Camp, just two days before the earthquake, and on April 25 we were about 2 hours to Namche Bazar when the ground started to shake. The rest of the season was closed.
If you are interested to go on that trip, please contact me shortly, because I need to start making reservations soon.
The price for the track is $1,300, not including the airfare. You are responsible to arrange your own transportation to and from Kathmandu in Nepal.
Itinerary for the Langtang Trek, Nepal in 2018
- Departing US on April 3, 2018 and Arriving Kathmandu on April 4, 2018
- April 5th is a recovery day from the flight and we will visit different world heritage sites monuments in Kathmandu
- April 6th, we will prepare for trek and see more sights in Kathmandu
- April 7th the Langtang Trek begins; Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,550m/5,100ft): 7-8 hour
- April 8th Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2,380m/7,830ft): 6 hours
- April 9th Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3543m/11,621ft): 6-7 hours
- April 10th Trek from Langtang village to Kyangjin Gompa (3,870m/12,697ft): 4-5 hours
- April 11th Acclimatization day at Kyangjin Gompa: option to explore Tserko Ri (5,000m/16,404ft) 7-8 hoursApril 12th Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel: 6-7 hours
- April 13th Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (2,230m/ 7,316 ft): 5-6 hours
- April 14th Thulo Syabru to Shin Gompa: 3-4 hours
- April 15th Shin Gompa to Gosaikunda (4,460m/14,632ft): 5-6 hours
- April 16th Gosaikunda to Ghopte (3,440m/11,286ft): 6-8 hours
- April 17th Ghopte to Melamchigaon (2,560m/8,399ft): 6-7 hours
- April 18th Melamchigaon to Tarkeghyang (2,590m/8,497ft): 5-6 hours
- April 19th Tarkeghyang to Sermathang (2,610m/8,563ft): 3-5 hours
- April 20th the Trek ends, return to Kathmandu
- April 21st free day in Kathmandu
- April 22nd Departing Kathmandu and Arriving in US on April 23, 2018
Langtang valley trek
Included in the Cost • Pickups and drop offs from airport and hotel • Tourist standard hotel in Kathmandu and teahouses during the trek on a twin-shared basis • Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek • 3 cup of tea/coffee a day entire trek • Kathmandu- Syabrubesi, Melamchipul- Kathmandu transportation by local bus • English-speaking, trained and experienced guide • Porter service charges during the trek • Welcome and farewell dinners • All necessary paper work and permit • All applicable taxes and service charges
Not Included in the Cost • Nepalese visa fee • International airfare to and from Kathmandu • Excess baggage charges, if any • Travel Insurance which must include Medical Evacuation
Driving directions to the location and spot to meet at:
I am flying from Philadelphia (PHL) to Doha (DOH) and then Kathmandu (KTM) on Qatar Airways. Will provide details if you would like to join my flight and meet me at the airport. If anybody would like to connect with these flights that is fine but not necessary, You might be flying from different city and on different route. As long as you arrive in Kathmandu on the specified day, we will do the pick up from the Airport.
Outdoor Fitness Level: Moderate to Strenuous
Glen Mills, PA
- Online Status: OFFLINE
- Last Login: 04/02/2018 12:39 PM
- Member Since: 04/30/2011
- Approved By: Gandalf
members signed up for this event
Outdoor Fitness Level: Easy
- Online Status: OFFLINE
- Last Login: 05/21/2018 04:15 AM
- Member Since: 11/26/2015
- Driving My Own Car
(Willing to give guys a ride)